"Config Menu" plugin for CudaText

Plugins for SynWrite and CudaText...
qwerky

"Config Menu" plugin for CudaText

Post by qwerky »

Config Menu Plugin. When I select it from Plugins menu, it presents a dialog, but... no matter what I select/type in that dialog and enter, the dialog simply goes away. Please tell me how to use this plugin.

In settings folder, there is a file: menu.json. But, the contents of that file do not match the current menus. And in that file, there is no obvious way of setting the accelerator keys. Is there somewhere a menu.json file that matches the current CudaText menus, and that shows how to set accelerator keys?
kvichans

Post by kvichans »

I am author of the plugin.
Plan for you:
0. Update plugin to version 1.1.02 (See menu Plugins/Addon Manager/Update...)
1. Create json copy of default menus by command "Create config file...". (Save the file in cudatext\settings folder.)
2. Change this json for your wish. (In my one i delete many items in 'top' menu and copy some items from 'top' to 'text'.)
3. Put name of the file to field "Config file".
4. Use "Apply now" to change menus once or check "Apply on start" to set your menus forever (from next CudaText start).

Wait your questions and proposals on plugin github cuda_config_menu/issues (or here).
CudaText 1.163, TC9.51x32, Win10x64(1920x1080)
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

In plugin dlg, you must press "create config" and this makes new file from curr menu. Then edit new file. Then select this file
in plugin option field. accelerator keys must be like
"Open &folder" to set "f"
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Thanks both of you for the replies. I updated the plugin. But, when I click "Create config file...", it presents me with a normal Save dialog, with the default directory being CudaText/settings/. I enter a filename and click Save, but no file is created. I have tried various filenames, and different directories, and no file is ever created. I have tried running CudaText as administrator, which did not help--nor would I expect it would, since CudaText is already able to create other .json files in the settings/ directory. So, am I doing something wrong? It simply won't create the file?

EDIT: Am running Windows 10 x64 Professional. CudaText is 1.10.0.2 win64-x86_64-win32, fpc 3.0.0 (don't know what the last part is).
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

The plugin actually was already up-to-date, since I had only downloaded/installed it a day ago. However, I saw in your signature a later version of CudaText (from 1.10 to 1.11), so I downloaded it. Now the plugin successfully created the correct file--it shows the current menus. So I will try editing and see how it goes.
kvichans

Post by kvichans »

Advice: Open python "Console" to see warn/error from all plugins.
CudaText 1.163, TC9.51x32, Win10x64(1920x1080)
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

So Cudatext 1.10 not compatible with plugin last version. To see errors, open Console panel (Ctrl+`). [run Cud 1.10 from other dir, to test]
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

After loading CudaText (1.12.0.0, Config Menu 1.1.02 2017-06-23), then opening console, there is: "Bad API callback, report to plugin author: _ends".

When open plugin ("Config File" is populated), and click either "Select" or "Apply Now", the dialog goes away and immediately returns, but with the "Config File" box empty. Nothing shown in console.

When open plugin ("Config File" is populated), and click "Open", the dialog goes away. Console shows:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "\CudaText\py\cuda_config_menu\cd_config_menu.py", line 438, in dlg_config
btn, vals, chds = dlg_wrapper(_('Config menu'), 5+350+5, 5+190+5, cnts, vals, focus_cid='file')
File "\CudaText\py\cuda_config_menu\cd_plug_lib.py", line 497, in dlg_wrapper
aid = cnts[btn_i]['cid']
KeyError: 'cid'

Hope that helps.

Anyway, in spite of those things, I did manage to get the original menu file created, and then to successfully edit it to my liking. Here attached is my menu file, just for your curiosity, so you can install it and see one possible variation on the menus.
Attachments
master_menu.txt
(16.1 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Posted link here, to the Github of ConfigMenu https://github.com/kvichans/cuda_config_menu/issues/27
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

In the previous post, I meant to make some comments about the menu file. It is a .json file, but had to be uploaded as a .txt file, because the forum would not accept a .json file, nor a .zip file.

In the FILE menu, the Printer entries are just placeholders--you will be adding print capabilities? Session and Project menus have been placed on the usual FILE menu as well.

The find/replace entries have been moved back to their traditional places on the EDIT menu, likewise the selection entries, so the SEARCH and SELECTION menus are no longer there, but a new BOOKMARK menu has been added, since there are a lot of bookmark entries.

Additionally, many other entries have been added to the menus, but there are still many others which could be added as well. This is an example. Have a look and see if you like it.