Plugin Tab-Rename

Plugins for SynWrite and CudaText...
Shovel

Plugin Tab-Rename

Post by Shovel »

Plugin for CudaText.
Allows to rename tabs in the editor.
The problem that this solves is when 'ui_tab_variable_width' enabled, and you have many tabs open, you can rename tabs with long names to take less space. Efficiency!

Adds menu item "Rename tab" to the editor tab context menu.
And commands to rename tab and reset name to main menu in:
"Plugins > Tab-Rename"

Prefix for tabs with altered name can be changed in config, accessible via menu:
"Options > Settings-Plugins > Tab-Rename"

https://github.com/halfbrained/cuda_tab_rename
uvviewsoft

Post by uvviewsoft »

plugin was published (to add-ons) just now. Thanks for your work!
king.midas

Post by king.midas »

Hello!
Great plugin if use many tabs, thank you!
There is small problem^ after save file in title of program (and windows taskbar) stil exists asterisk "*" (flag "file modified"). If switch tab to another and back, asterisk is gone.
This only on "renamed" tabs. In code I am delete code "on_save", but problem stil exists.
main Alexey

Post by main Alexey »

Did not study plugin code, but maybe, it should handle on_save and adjust the tab-title (remove star-char) after file was saved.

EDIT
I don't confirm the report: just-saved tab still shows blue font-color, but I don't see the star-char, only 'modified' font-color.
main Alexey

Post by main Alexey »

I just made CudaText fix for the issue I mentioned ('modified' font color was not cleared on save). will be in Cud 1.171.
king.midas

Post by king.midas »

main Alexey wrote:I just made CudaText fix for the issue I mentioned ('modified' font color was not cleared on save). will be in Cud 1.171.
Thank you! Now work as expected - "star" removes after saving file