My personal opinion about the new config system

Andreas

My personal opinion about the new config system

Post by Andreas »

My personal opinion about the new config system: I don't like it! I know that ST works that way, but that's exactly one of the reasons why I don't like ST. Opening two config files, then copying lines from one file to another, then changing the content of these lines, then saving the file, then re-starting the editor program ... how cumbersome and time-consuming is that ... it's only for hardcore nerds and geeks. A "normal" config system like in SynWrite is much more user-friendly.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

What do u think about new opts?
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Alexey wrote:What do u think about new opts?
I'm back from vacation now. I don't fully understand your question. I see that there are many new options in default.json, and that most options have a nice comment giving further information about the option. Well, that's fine, but nevertheless the criticism from my first posting still holds true.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

I meaned that- do u find new ops useful for you. I have little replyes about ops. Ppl don't need em
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

It's good that there are a lot of options. I've never seen an option like "angle of tab edge" in any other editor, but I definitely love being able to configure such things and "play" with them. :D
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

@Andreas
Now we have plugin Options Editor [from kvichans] which shows nice dialog to change options. I use it, its good GUI.
You can post wishes/bugs for it in new topic.