CudaText Vs Synwrite - Additional Questions

Shadeclan

CudaText Vs Synwrite - Additional Questions

Post by Shadeclan »

from CudaText Vs Synwrite (Locked Thread)
Alexey wrote: The plan is to continue Cuda. very limited support for Synw. Cuda support will be ok. i hope. I spend time on Cuda. not Synw. (Theme support with all UI in Synw? No. Theme support in Cuda? yes. it's done.)

Alexy, I hope it's OK to continue with the other thread a bit, as I have some additional questions:
  • I read that CudaText uses lexers but has no interface for building lexers - will you be adding this capability to CudaText?
  • At what point should I switch to CudaText, seeing that it doesn't have all the features of SynWrite yet?
  • Are other people interested in continuing SynWrite development or porting SynWrite to a different language?
  • Where do you download CudaText, anyway? The download area at SourceForge shows that the latest version is plugin.CudaExt.zip which appears to be a mostly empty file referring to some python files and the download of the Beta seems to be inaccessible.
If you don't have the time or don't want to answer any of these questions. that's ok - but I'd really like to know if you are going to migrate the lexer interface to CudaText. I think I'd switch to CudaText at that point.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

--going to migrate the lexer interface to CudaText.
not now; it is not easy, Delphi to Laz, maybe later.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Shadeclan

Post by Shadeclan »

OK, Alexey - I've got it. Thanks.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Shadeclan

Post by Shadeclan »

I will. Thanks, Alexey.