Missing functions...

qwerky

Missing functions...

Post by qwerky »

Uh oh... Some functions from SynWrite (and other editors) which I use constantly, seem to be missing from CudaText (these don't seem to exist -- please add them):
Goto Top of Page/Screen - place cursor on first line of screen Ctrl-PgUp
Goto Bottom of Page/Screen - place cursor on last line of screen Ctrl-PgDn

Column Select Mode - SynWrite (and other editors) had different selection modes: normal (stream), column, line -- it even had a section of the status bar to show which mode was current. I use column mode frequently. CudaText seems to not have these modes. Please add them.

Also, some functions seem to not work at all (showing the hotkeys that I have assigned):
Scroll to caret, top Shift-Ctrl-Up - should scroll line with cursor to top of screen? Does nothing.
Scroll to caret, bottom Shift-Ctrl-Dn - should scroll line with cursor to bottom of screen? Does nothing.
Scroll to caret, left Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Left does nothing.
Scroll to caret, right Shift-Ctrl-Alt-Right does nothing.

As well, Scroll Up and Scroll Down allow the cursor to scroll off screen, whereas with SynWrite (and other editors), when scrolling up/down and the line with cursor reached the top/bottom of screen, further scrolling would cause the cursor to stay at the top/bottom of screen, instead of scrolling off screen. Please add this function. (Some editors may have both modes available).

According to "Update plugins", all of the plugins I have installed (CudaExt, etc.) are up to date, as is CudaText.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Column select mode-- is OK, see Help-- Mouse Usage file.
Can select via mouse or via Alt+Shift+arrows.

Line select mode-- not made.

>Scroll to caret, top Shift-Ctrl-Up - should scroll line with cursor to top of screen? Does nothing.
Nope, it works with mul-carets, it scrolls to top-caret.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

>> Scroll line up/down... scrolling would cause the cursor to stay at the top/bottom of screen

Fixed, thanks for this notice.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Scroll to screen top/ bottom: added now.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Thanks for correction re Scroll to caret, top; and for adding Scroll to Screen Top/Bottom; and for the fix.

Please add Goto Top/Bottom of Screen (SynWrite and others have it; I use it constantly).

Column mode: yes, fine with mouse, and with Shift+Alt. BUT... those ways I never use. I always use the Column Mode that SynWrite and others have, where you change the selection mode to Column, and then all selection keys (shift+up, shift+left, etc.) cause column selection instead of stream selection (I never use line mode, but it is same idea). Please add these modes for completeness.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Release 1.12: added also "go to screen top/ bottom"
(like Synwrite)

WIll think about "new column mode"...
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Thank you! Column mode is one of my most used features, and one of the first things I look for in an editor, right after "allow cursor past end of line". ConTEXT, PSPad, RJ TextEd, and of course SynWrite all support it in a proper manner. Notepad++, and other editors based on the Scintilla editing component do not support it in a proper fashion. Keep up the good work!
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Column mode [w/out the hotkey] added -

+ added commands "column select without key modifier: on/ off"; when mode turned on, mouse drag makes column (vertical) selection
+ added statusbar field, for above mode (shows "-" for normal mode, "||" for column mode)

will be in 1.13
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Alexey, thanks for working on this. What I am primarily interested in, is setting the mode to 'column' so that I can use shift-right, shift-down, etc. to select column blocks -- just like in SynWrite! I would like to be able to do all editing via the keyboard, without touching the mouse ;) .
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

hm, you cannot, since Shift+arrows mean normal select; and Alt+Shift+arrows mean column select.