Add commands for usual text

Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Added 2nd toggle command: "toggle word wrap (off/ screen/ margin)"
(should change key Ctrl+U)
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Alexey wrote:What do you suggest: that "toggle wrap mode" does loop 0/1/2 ?
Either that, or one hotkey to toggle wrap on/off, another to toggle wrap at margin/edge.

Looping has the advantage of requiring only one key, but requires the user to go through the whole cycle each time turning wrap off or on to desired setting. Two hotkeys makes it easier, but requires an additional key. How often does wrap get turned on/off? For me, usually only occasionally, and for me the loop is okay--saving a hotkey.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Okay, I've added the loop commd.
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

SynWrite also had a "Center Line" command, which would center the current line based on right margin. This can now be done using the new paragraph commands, but requires modifying the paragraph settings and also making the current line a paragraph by itself. It should be simple to implement the center command as a hotkey, without modifying the settings, and acting upon just the current line.

SynWrite also had a command which I liked: column markers. It was originally part of the main code, and was later moved to a plugin. It should not be difficult to add such a plugin for CudaText.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Posted this "center line" wish-- https://github.com/kvichans/cuda_ext/issues/66

Column markers: option margin_string ?
qwerky

Post by qwerky »

Alexey wrote:What do you suggest: that "toggle wrap mode" does loop 0/1/2 ?
Alexey wrote:Okay, I've added the loop commd.
In 1.14.4.0, the "toggle wrap mode" hotkey still only cycles between "off" and "edge" (doesn't do "right margin")?

Oops, I see that the old hotkey is still there, but you added a new hotkey to do the loop--and it works fine! Thanks. :D
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

Yes, and using F9 key in commands-dlg, reassign hotkey to other command.