Project-related session- feature

miro.matas

Project-related session- feature

Post by miro.matas »

will be possible to add new commands?
• add current file to project
• add all files to project

question for future - will be possible to "connect" Sessions and Projects? I mean to add two options for "Save/Open project related session on Project Closing/Opening"
this part of SynWrite is very strong and useful… at least for me

TIA
Miro
kvichans

Post by kvichans »

Miro
Can you discribe what is "to connect Sessions and Project"?

IMHO:
- Session = current state of app = named set of opened files.
- Project = some folders to quick open file and some macro-variable to use in tools
I dont see a way to join these data.
CudaText 1.163, TC9.51x32, Win10x64(1920x1080)
miro.matas

Post by miro.matas »

sure…

for me - Project is set of files, logically sorted at folders (virtual or real), I am able to open file quickly (alt+g) /+ at SynWrite is iseful Main File - command Go to Main File is really good/, search at Project… and so on…

for me - Session is set of settings - what files are opened, where is the position at these files, layout of windows…

I have Favorites - quick at hand… I want to open Project from Favorites, and want to see the same… like opening Session
miro.matas

Post by miro.matas »

or maybe - to add Sessions to Favorites… but current implementation at SynWrite works fine for me, Projects have many advantages and in combination with Sessions, briliant
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

@kvichans
SynWrite has opts
-Save proj-related session on project closing
-Open proj-related session on proj opening

this uses "proj related session" - it is session attached to project. so i can config tabs, and session updates on project closing. and loads on proj opening.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

@Miro
2 commands added to Project Manager, will be in update
miro.matas

Post by miro.matas »

BTW - will be very complicated to add Virtual Folder? and whats about Preview (spacebar on file at Project tree)