Save last session?

adrianh

Save last session?

Post by adrianh »

Hi all. I just downloaded SynWrite and am starting to ramp up on it.

So, now I'm trying to figure out if this can remember my last session like Notepad++. In that editor, I can have any number of tabs open, some of which are not saved, close the session and when I reopen the editor, it will show me what I had open last time, regardless if I saved it to a specific file.

Is SynWrite capable of anything like that?
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

In the Option dialog, you have Sessions/Projects part. Can save sessions.

Also menu: File/ Sessions.
adrianh

Post by adrianh »

Thanks Alexey. Found it.

Also found the Auto-Save, unfortunately, I'm not sure if I like that it saves the "Unnamed" files by giving it an actual filename. In comparison Notepad++ will 'save' the it to a file in some temporary directory, but it is not marked as saved. I.e. if I were to close that tab, it will prompt me if I would like to save it.

Further, if I do not allow any saving of the "Unnamed" files, and close the application, I get prompted if I would like to save the file. In Notepad++, it will close and when I open the application again, it will bring back all files, including the ones not explicitly saved.

Is it possible to do those items?
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

It is done- in CudaText, not in SynWrite. Cuda has autosaving of unnamed tabs like u said.
Option-
//Restore session (all named tabs) at start
"ui_reopen_session": true,
CudaText also has Backup File plugin; cooking, not done yet.. ... plugin will be for Synwrite too.
https://github.com/kvichans/cuda_backup_file