Line sorting?

ander

Post by ander »

Alexey wrote:If file dont open, it is file C:\SynWrite\Settings\syn_sort.ini
Why it dont open? (non stantard path to Synwrite? error in Console pane?)
Sorry, I don't know what those things mean. But I just looked in SW's py/syn_sort subfolder (I assume that's what you're talking about), and there is no syn_sort.ini file.

I did install the Sort plugin as you described, and it is working, so I don't know why the .ini file isn't there.
Alexey wrote: It has text like

Code: Select all

[op]
rev=0
nocase=0
del_dup=1
del_sp=1
numeric=0
Well, I'll try creating my own syn_sort.ini, and put that in it. Thanks!
ander

Post by ander »

I figured it out. I put this text in a new document:

Code: Select all

[op]
rev=0
nocase=0
del_dup=1
del_sp=1
numeric=0
allow_all=1
But when I tried to save it as settings/syn_sort.ini, Windows 8.1 said:

> You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

For some reason, all the folders in my Program Files (x86) folder are set to read-only. Why would that happen?

This is the first time I'm seeing that message. I guess it hasn't been a problem till now, because the other apps I use save their settings in the Registry.

Anyway, I removed the read-only from my SW folder, saved the .ini file, and Sort now defaults to the whole doc. Спасибо за помощь, товарищи!
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

>But I just looked in SW's py/syn_sort subfolder (I assume that's what you're talking about), and there is no syn_sort.ini file.

File is located in Settings folder. It is in Synwrite install folder.
Folder has also Syn.ini file.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

>For some reason, all the folders in my Program Files (x86) folder are set to read-only.

It means that Program Files is disabled to write; it is default in Win OS. Afaik.