Syntax tree

iferius

Syntax tree

Post by iferius »

Is there a way to make certain items always appear in the syntax tree - that is, to not have the syntax tree collapse by default if one of these items is present?
As can be read in my other posts, I'm using Synwrite/Cudatext to view logs (works great, btw!), and whenever a major error occurs it appears in bright red in my syntax tree. However, this usually happens nested a few levels deep (i.e. not visible at first glance, the way I'd like it).
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

i don't understand: what lexer do you use for logs? can you show screenshot of errror in syntax tree? for CudaText only.
iferius

Post by iferius »

Perhaps I could write a macro to search for the error marker - can I run a macro automatically after the lexer finishes building the tree?
iferius

Post by iferius »

I made the lexer myself, because I often have to find my way in huge log files. Occasionally, a java error stack will pop up somewhere in the file. I've created a rule to give them a nice red background in the edit screen and a bright red name in the syntax tree.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

You talk about SynWrite. You have in the options dialog, Tree/Map:
- Auto collapse
- Auto expand
- Auto synchronize
iferius

Post by iferius »

Ooh, I missed that! Is something similar possible in CudaText? I work on the lexer in Synwrite, but I'd like my colleagues to use it in Cuda.
Alexey

Post by Alexey »

In the Option Editor plugin you can see:
Attachments
tree==.png