opening text file using command line parameters to line and column occassionally doesn't scroll the file for cursor to b

Solved bugs are moved into this topic...
cydonia

opening text file using command line parameters to line and column occassionally doesn't scroll the file for cursor to b

Post by cydonia »

Occassionally when a text file is opened in cudatext version 1.214.6 specifying command line arguments "file@line@column" the file isn't always scrolled to show the selected line and column with cursor at the line and column position and does not set the cursor position and appears to be opened at the previous cursor position of the file.
cydonia

Re: opening text file using command line parameters to line and column occassionally doesn't scroll the file for cursor

Post by cydonia »

UPDATE: I found in cudatext that if I use File->Open recent->Clear list that affected files that I retested open and scroll and set cursor correctly.
main Alexey

Re: opening text file using command line parameters to line and column occassionally doesn't scroll the file for cursor

Post by main Alexey »

I tried this few times, and "cudatext fn@3@4" always puts caret to 3:4.
do you have steps to repeat the bug?
maybe file needs to be opened first at different line + closed, so history saves the different pos.
cydonia

Post by cydonia »

I'm using the 32 bit version, I'll have to download the 64 bit to test and confirm
main Alexey

Post by main Alexey »

if you have x64 CPU better use x64 version, it can open bigger texts and bigger count of tabs.
cydonia

Post by cydonia »

I've installed cudatext-windows-amd64-1.214.6.4.zip and used the cudatext-w.zip cudatext.exe and py/cudatext.py and tested and found the following:
When a file is opened via commandline to a particular line and column that although the cursor is located on the correct line and column but the last line position that the file was last located appears but a second attempt to open the same file via command line to the same line and position scrolls to that position correctly and likewise any further attempts to open the same file to a different line and position scrolls to that line and however if the tab is closed and the above steps repeated the same issue occurs.
main Alexey

Post by main Alexey »

sorry, I'm puzzled. can you write: how to see the issue after simple steps?
cydonia

Post by cydonia »

I created a test text file and 3 batch files to illustrate but strangely these are behaving correctly, sorry I'll have to examine the scenario more closely and get back to you on this.